1. Drink lots of water, avoiding soft drinks and other diet-busters. Water helps you feel full, while fueling every cell in your body. You know soft drinks and fancy coffees are going to ruin your efforts, so switch to water ASAP.
2. Don’t eat after a certain time at night. Nighttime snacking can be the death of any diet, no matter how well your efforts hold up throughout the day. Set a strict rule for not eating after a certain time, like six PM and stick to it.
3. Mini-meals may help regulate your metabolism. Many people find eating small meals frequently helps them to succeed over the three a day option. Ask your doctor if the mini-meals are appropriate for you and then plan to enjoy them throughout the day.
4. Pre-cooking healthy meals in advance can help you succeed. It’s hard when you’re hungry, but there’s nothing healthy for you ready to go. Pre-cooking small meals and freezing them is a great way to overcome this problem.
5. Always look for sufficient fiber content. Fiber helps to regulate your digestive system, which will work well with any diet, and it also helps you to feel fuller, faster.