The Chocolate Lover’s Flings is our biggest event of the year! Not to mention the best party in town! The Fling is usually held in the beginning of February. Specific date and location or the 2016 Fling are TBA!
If you are a lover of non-violence, and we know you are, help us to end domestic violence and sexual assault in our community by attending our annual fundraiser, an event helps us to raise one third of our annual budget. If you are a lover of chocolate, it doesn’t get any better than dozens of bite sized chocolate desserts from our premiere regional chefs.
At the Chocolate Lovers’ Fling you can eat delectable chocolate from amateur and professional chefs, dance, bid at the silent auction, participate in our cash raffle and support a great cause all at the same time. There are cash prizes for the best dressed and good karma for all.
BE A SPECIAL CONTRIBUTOR:
Eliminating domestic violence and sexual assault is our mission. Serving the victims of San Miguel County is our passion. Fundraising is our means of making it all happen. A great way to support and help the SMRC is to become a Special Contributor. Read on for more information:i
Numbers are growing in San Miguel County. By December 2014 the San Miguel Resource Center:
- Served 313 clients in San Miguel County and the West End of Montrose County;
- Provided Legal & Criminal Justice Advocacy for 105 people
- Made 115 Crisis intervention/Emergency response contacts
- Contacted 2,904 people by phone
To provide the above services we rely on Special Contributors like you. One-third of our operating budget comes from donors and the proceeds from the Chocolate Lovers’ Fling, our annual fundraiser. On February 7th, 2015, we celebrate the Fling’s 20th year with the theme “The Arabian Nights”.
Please join our efforts toward eliminating domestic violence and sexual assault in our community. We thank you for being a part of our mission.
Options for Donating
There are two ways you can make your contribution:
- Donate HERE using PayPal. The SMRC will receive the funds along with your address so that we can mail you a tax receipt for your contribution. If you donate over $250, we will also send you tickets to this year’s Chocolate Lovers’ Fling.
- Make your contribution by mail. Download our Special Contributor Form HERE, fill it in and mail it to the SMRC at P.O. Box 3243, Telluride, CO 81435. We will mail you a tax receipt for your contribution. If you donate over $250, we will also send you tickets to this year’s Chocolate Lovers’ Fling.
|Special Contributor Donation Categories:|
|Cocoa Crème de la Crème||$ 5,000 and up||4 tickets|
|Godiva||$ 1,500- 4,999||4 tickets|
|Ghiradelli||$ 500-1,499||4 tickets|
|Lindt||$ 250– 499||2 tickets|
|Hershey||$ 50– 249||0 tickets|
Chefs! Please register here.